Instant Latte Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT FOR HOT LATTE:
- 3/4 cup hot water
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR ICED LATTE:
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- In a blender, combine the milk powder, creamer, coffee granules, sugar and pudding mix; cover and process until mixture is a fine powder. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
- To prepare hot latte: Dissolve 1/4 cup mix in hot water; stir well.
- To prepare iced latte: Dissolve 1/4 cup mix in hot water; stir in cold water. Transfer to a blender; add ice. Cover and process until blended.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 157 calories, 2g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 17, 2013
I LOVE coffee and love this recipe! I even made it with Stevia and sugarfree pudding mix and it's still delicious!
Dec 13, 2013
I HATE coffee but i loved this recipe! Tried it as is in an iced latte and it was delicious. Second batch I made it with white chocolate pudding mix... yum!
Oct 6, 2013
I made this today, but instead of swapping out the pudding to change the flavor, I swapped out the nondairy creamer. I used Spiced Pumpkin powdered creamer and I only had sugar free pudding so I used that too. The biggest change I made was omitting the sugar. I didn't realize I forgot the sugar until I was making a second batch using Hazelnut creamer and decided to leave it out of that one too. I guess with the flavored creamers you don't need the extra sugar because they both taste divine. I can't wait to get some more flavored creamers to try! Oh, and I think the next batch I will increase the coffee granules to 1/2 cup because I want it just slightly stronger.
Dec 5, 2012
I don't like coffee, but I do like the basis of this recipe and was wondering what others think. I have been trying to come up with a white hot cocoa mix since Hershey's discontinued their Goodnite Hugs drink that mixed with water and not milk. I would use this recipe as stands with these changes - no coffee granules, either the nondairy creamer with vanilla flavoring in it (if I can find it) or a mixture of the instant vanilla and white chocolate pudding mixes. I would really appreciate opinions on this.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.