Easy Hot Chocolate Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 package (25.6 ounces) nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 package (15 ounces) hot cocoa mix
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 jar (6 ounces) powdered nondairy creamer
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 17 cups.
- To prepare hot chocolate: Place 1/4 cup mix in a mug; stir in 3/4 cup boiling water until blended.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 104 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 9, 2016
A cousin gave my mom this recipe in the 1970s. It is so much better than plain hot chocolate. When I was a teenager, I'd make a batch of this, divide it into Christmas theme food safe plastic bags, tie it closed with colored raffia and give it to all the families whose children I babysat.
Nov 30, 2011
zumbamami: Recipes specify hot cocoa mix because it dissolves easily in hot water. If you use regular baking cocoa, it will not dissolve and the cocoa will sit on top of your drink. It's important to differentiate between the two.
Nov 13, 2011
I don't understand why all the hot cocoa mix "recipes" need you to add hot cocoa mix
Dec 5, 2010
This is oh so very good and very easy to make. Makes great gifts at Christmas and stores nicely.