Homemade Irish Cream
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- EACH SERVING:
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Store in the refrigerator.
- For each serving, place coffee in a mug. Stir in 1/3 cup Irish cream. Heat mixture in a microwave if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 165 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 15, 2014
Just in time for St . Patrick's Day with friends
Mar 8, 2014
very good. made a practice round before St. Patrick's day, and had it alone over some ice. everyone loved it, perfect amount of chocolate and coffee and cream flavor. Adults had it with a little kahlua and they said it was just a little better
Mar 16, 2012
Mar 17, 2011
I made this for Christmas & all loved it!! I was able to lighten it up also. It still made a hit!!
Jan 23, 2011
I liked this very much - it's easily tweaked to personal taste and made an impressive cup of coffee.
Jan 9, 2011
Added more chocolate syrup and splenda to sweeten. Just keeping adding and taste test!
Dec 10, 2010
I made this recipe one time for my in-laws. It was gone by the end of the weekend. I'm not a big coffee drinker so I opted out of the instant coffee. My suggestion would be to add more vanilla and almond if you do this. I think 1/4 C more sugar could be added to the recipe. It was tasty, but it could be perfected!
Dec 1, 2010
This is a tasty treat. If you like strong coffee, go light on the mix but if you are not a coffee drinker like me, add a little more of the irish cream mix to the coffee.