Homemade Cinnamon Mocha Coffee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup ground dark roast coffee
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the coffee grounds, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour into a coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, chocolate syrup and brown sugar. Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Stir in vanilla and brewed coffee. Ladle into mugs; garnish with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 126 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Feb 22, 2015
I made this with my Sunday brunch menu. It was good, but I may have done something wrong. The mixture seemed to separate somewhat. The taste was yummy, especially with the whipped cream on top, but the last inch or so in the cup was kind of chunky. I will try it again though because of the taste and aroma.
Oct 30, 2013
Muy bueno :D
Mar 27, 2011
ive probably maid this about 8 time. way cheaper then going to mountain mudd but just as good!
Jan 26, 2011
This is a yummy coffee recipe to make at home. I tried it the first time without whipped cream (since I didn't have any), and next I'll try it with whipped cream. Also, if you have some leftover, it tastes good chilled as well.