Homemade Trail Mix
Prepackaged trail mix doesn't compare to this fun homemade variety of dried fruit, nuts, cereal and chocolate chips.—Michael Vyskocil, Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup unblanched whole almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup dried apple slices, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Honey Nut Cheerios
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 253 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Trail Mix in Taste of Home August/September 2004