Malted Chocolate Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 4 portions refrigerated ready-to-bake sugar cookie dough
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- Line a 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan with foil. Press cookie dough onto bottom of pan. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, melted chocolate and sugar until smooth. Add egg white; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour over crust.
- Place loaf pan in a baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove loaf pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. For topping, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, milk powder and baking cocoa until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cheesecake. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using foil, lift cheesecake out of pan. Cut in half. Drizzle chocolate syrup over each piece. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 934 calories, 58g fat (34g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 92g carbohydrate (68g sugars, 0 fiber), 14g protein.
Jun 10, 2014
Recipe saved! Altho this is way out of my carb. count range, may possibly make for my husband for Father's Day. Just know he would devour it!! Thank youso much for sharing recipe TOH!!!
Jan 17, 2014
Loved this!! Easy and delicious . Wouldn't change a thing, but will make it again!!
Feb 4, 2013
I omitted the topping and added the malt powder to the cream cheese/dark chocolate filling and we really liked the flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.