Chocolate Malt Pudding Cake
When I make this warm, comforting cake, I “chop” the malted milk balls by putting them in a plastic bag and pounding it with a rubber mallet. It completely eliminates the mess.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 2 hours + standing
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped malted milk balls
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- Vanilla ice cream and sliced almonds, optional
- In a large bowl, combine milk, oil and extract. Combine flour, brown sugar, cocoa and baking powder; gradually beat into milk mixture until blended. Stir in milk balls and chocolate chips.
- Spoon into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine sugar and milk powder; stir in water and cream cheese. Pour over batter (do not stir).
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Turn off heat. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve warm. If desired serve with ice cream and sprinkle with almonds.