Dark Chocolate Pudding
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 dark chocolate candy bar (6.8 ounces), chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Whisk in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in chocolate until melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a bowl; press plastic wrap onto surface of pudding. Refrigerate until cold. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 266 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 5, 2011
I used Ghirardelli 60% chips and added 2 Tbsp of sugar. Couldn't wait for it to cool completely. Yummy!
Oct 20, 2009
I made this for my husband, who likes dark chocolate, one Valentine's Day a few years ago and he loved it!It's so smooth, creamy, not a lot of work and very delicious! I left it al fresco and enjoyed it very much without the cookies or chocolate curls!I don't really like dark chocolate all that much but I LOVED this! I need to make it again soon!