Dark Chocolate Pudding
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 dark chocolate candy bar (6.8 ounces), chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Whisk in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in chocolate until melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a bowl; press plastic wrap onto surface of pudding. Refrigerate until cold. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 266 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 5, 2011
I used Ghirardelli 60% chips and added 2 Tbsp of sugar. Couldn't wait for it to cool completely. Yummy!
Oct 20, 2009
I made this for my husband, who likes dark chocolate, one Valentine's Day a few years ago and he loved it!It's so smooth, creamy, not a lot of work and very delicious! I left it al fresco and enjoyed it very much without the cookies or chocolate curls!I don't really like dark chocolate all that much but I LOVED this! I need to make it again soon!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.