Sweet Kahlua Coffee
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
Makes8 servings (2-1/4 quarts)
- 2 quarts hot water
- 1/2 cup Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 1/4 cup creme de cacao
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons grated semisweet chocolate
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, mix water, Kahlua, creme de cacao and coffee granules. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 3-4 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Serve warm coffee with whipped cream and chocolate.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 337 calories, 23g fat (15g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 2, 2015
I found this recipe to be very watery. I was able to revive it by doubling the amounts of coffee and liquors, but next time I will just add Kahlua to already brewed coffee and top with the whip cream. That is actually better.
Dec 11, 2011
very yummy; the whole family loved it!