Croissant Pudding with Chocolate Kahlua Sauce
These custards puff up slightly while baking, creating beautiful, golden crowns. Kahlua brings a mild coffee flavor to the heavenly chocolate sauce.—Cheryl Tucker, Houston, Texas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 croissants, torn into pieces
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Dash salt
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- Divide croissant pieces among nine greased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place on baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, eggs, cream, sugar, half-and-half, vanilla and salt. Pour over croissant pieces; let stand for 15 minutes or until croissants are softened. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over medium-low heat. Add the sugar, milk and salt; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in Kahlua. Serve with warm pudding.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 894 calories, 51g fat (31g saturated fat), 303mg cholesterol, 795mg sodium, 99g carbohydrate (81g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.