Cheesy Pizza Fondue
While I was growing up, I would sit for hours reading cookbooks from cover to cover. I've carried that love of cooking with me through the years. I found this recipe when we lived in Wisconsin. - Julie Barwick, Mansfield, Ohio.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 5 cups
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil or dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Breadsticks, garlic toast and green peppers
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, basil and garlic powder. Reduce heat to low. Add cheeses; stir until melted.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with breadsticks, garlic toast and green peppers.
In addition to breadsticks, serve Cheesy Pizza Fondue with cubes of French or Italian bread.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 47 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Pizza Fondue in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.