Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Bread cubes, ham cubes, bite-size sausage and or broccoli florets
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt if desired, mustard, pepper and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with bread, ham, sausage and/or broccoli.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 77 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 22, 2013
This is the first recipe we made in our new electric fondue pot. We bought a high quality cheese and bread for dipping. Wonderful!
Jun 21, 2012
It was a little bland for me. I think I will try a different recipe...
Jan 23, 2011
Good recipe, not amazing though. Was too thick - I had to thin it quite a bit with milk. Wouldn't say it was 20 servings, would need quite a bit more than that if you even had 6 people!
Aug 29, 2010
not stringy, not greasy. very tasty!!
Oct 17, 2009
I am Suzette March from Las Vegas, Nv. I was so excited to try you Cheddar Fondue Recipe and all my neighbors loved it. I plan to make it for Halloween and Christmas. Again, thankyou, I remain.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.