Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Bread cubes, ham cubes, bite-size sausage and or broccoli florets
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt if desired, mustard, pepper and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with bread, ham, sausage and/or broccoli.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 77 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 15, 2020
Very good. Easy cowd pleaser. Made it for Valentine's day!
Jan 22, 2013
This is the first recipe we made in our new electric fondue pot. We bought a high quality cheese and bread for dipping. Wonderful!
Jun 21, 2012
It was a little bland for me. I think I will try a different recipe...
Jan 23, 2011
Good recipe, not amazing though. Was too thick - I had to thin it quite a bit with milk. Wouldn't say it was 20 servings, would need quite a bit more than that if you even had 6 people!
Aug 29, 2010
not stringy, not greasy. very tasty!!
Oct 17, 2009
I am Suzette March from Las Vegas, Nv. I was so excited to try you Cheddar Fondue Recipe and all my neighbors loved it. I plan to make it for Halloween and Christmas. Again, thankyou, I remain.