Simple Swiss Cheese Fondue
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 4 slices French bread (1 inch thick), cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, flour, mustard and nutmeg. In a small saucepan, heat cream and beer over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of saucepan. Stir in cheese mixture. Bring just to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until combined and smooth.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 395 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 14, 2016
Why do I not do this more often? I LOVE this, and had to search a little for my old fondue pot. Thanks for giving my memory a reminder of how good this dish is!
Feb 11, 2010
This is a wonderful fondue for either bread or veggies. Instead of using beer, I always have on hand some Pinot Grigio that I use instead.