Simple Swiss Cheese Fondue
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 4 slices French bread (1 inch thick), cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, flour, mustard and nutmeg. In a small saucepan, heat cream and beer over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of saucepan. Stir in cheese mixture. Bring just to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until combined and smooth.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 395 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Apr 14, 2016
Why do I not do this more often? I LOVE this, and had to search a little for my old fondue pot. Thanks for giving my memory a reminder of how good this dish is!
Feb 11, 2010
This is a wonderful fondue for either bread or veggies. Instead of using beer, I always have on hand some Pinot Grigio that I use instead.