Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 4 beef cube steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib with leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown cube steaks on both sides in oil over medium-high heat; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the onion, celery and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and bouillon. Return steaks to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into tomato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
1 each: 255 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 746mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1/2 fat.