No-Fuss Swiss Steak
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 3 pounds beef top round steak, cut into serving-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed tomato rice soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil over medium-high heat; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add carrots and celery. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf. Thicken cooking juices if desired.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 246 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Sep 15, 2013
Excellent flavor I thickened the gravy with flour water mixture next time I will add more veggies and potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
My family really liked this one. I liked how easy it was and it was good, but I think next time I will add some more seasoning to it. I apparently didn't read the recipe right and cut the meat into chunks rather serving size pieces, but we served it over mashed potatoes so it was almost a stew and it worked out great.
Jul 14, 2010
This is a very easy & delicious recipe..I recommend doubling the recipe for more than 4 people..my family loves this!
Jan 5, 2010
only how can any stars be given when nobody wrote about it. same with others on this site
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.