Salisbury Steak with Onion Gravy
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 6 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Stir in 1/3 cup of soup, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix gently. Shape into six oval patties. Brown in a skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside; discard drippings. In the skillet, combine flour and water until smooth; add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and remaining soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return patties to skillet. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve patties and gravy over noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Jun 18, 2018
I've been making this recipe for close to 20 years. My family absolutely loves it. I always double to gravy, as the recipe doesn't make enough.
May 17, 2018
This recipe is excellent, I’ve been making it for years. Goes really well on a crusty hard roll ??
May 16, 2018
My husband loved this! He cleaned his plate, and then had more. I doubled the gravy recipe though, as it seemed like it needed more. There was a bit of a sweet taste to the gravy, which really went over well at my house. A definite keeper for my recipe box.
May 14, 2018
5 stars if you don't throw away the drippings. That's downright crazy. Put your flour in the drippins and stir over heat. mix good. then pour in water and rest of stuff.......
May 14, 2018
Why would u through away the drippings after frying the meat! You just got rid of all the flavor and the best part of the gravy.
May 14, 2018
This mixture is basically my meatloaf recipe.
May 13, 2018
This sounds like a good recipe only problem I have is what happened to the onions? Did I miss them?
Dec 2, 2017
Family loved this! I did add some canned brown gravy at the end before serving as there wasn't enough gravy for all the meat. Made extra to freeze. Great flavor
Nov 4, 2017
I love this easy and tasty recipe. It was a perfect blend of sweet & tart. I added green peas to the perimeter. It was beautifully presented and everyone loved it! Thank you!
Oct 11, 2017
Love this recipe. First had it at my step daughters in 2007. She has since made it for my birthday every year. I have made appetizer size balls and taken to potlucks and always come home with empty dish. Updated 10/10/17
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.