Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and milk. Add the bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon gravy mix and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties, about 3/4 in. thick. Place in a small baking pan.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Place the remaining gravy mix in a small saucepan; stir in water and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve with patties.
Nutrition Facts1 steak with 1/4 cup gravy: 331 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 179mg cholesterol, 978mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Jan 12, 2018
Pretty good recipe, but I think the gravy is just a bit mustard heavy. I doubled the recipe, if that makes a difference.
Mar 10, 2014
Absolutely delicious! Something about the flavor reminds me of my late grandmother's meatloaf. I will definitely make this again.
Dec 9, 2013
What a wonderful yet simple recipe! We love it!~ Theresa
Jan 20, 2013
My Mom used to make this when I was a kid and I loved it. Of course, mine never tasted like hers. I tried this recipe tonight, but doubled everything since I had a pound of ground beef and a very hungry little boy. It was awesome! This is going to be my go-to recipe for Salisbury Steak from now on!
Nov 5, 2011
I started making this recipe several years ago and have shared it with multiple friends and family. Thank you so much for sharing it with me.
Jan 12, 2011
Very good. Family likes it and it's fast and easy.
Jan 17, 2010
I first made this recipe over a year ago. I make this about every two weeks. Delicious and very easy.