- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 medium onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, garlic powder and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into two patties; dredge in 2 tablespoons flour. In a small skillet, brown patties on both sides in oil; drain. Set patties aside.
- Add the remaining flour to the skillet; whisk in water until smooth. Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and bouillon. Add the onion and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Return patties to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Serve gravy over patties.
1 each: 476 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 210mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.