Simple Salisbury Steak
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup soup and onion. Crumble the beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties. In a large nonstick skillet, brown the patties on both sides; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, browning sauce if desired, salt and remaining soup; stir in mushrooms. Pour over patties. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 212 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 599mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 28, 2013
Flavorful and easy to make. Will definitely make this again!
Jun 17, 2011
Quick, easy, and tasty. I make it exactly as the recipe says, and my family devours it every time. It's become a regular meal in my household.
Aug 2, 2010
Used 2 bouillon cubes in 1 cup of water to the sauce baked 350 for 40 min. Did not use mushrooms.
Aug 7, 2009
The mushrooms/sauce really makes this dish. It was great, easy to put together and we will definitely make it again.
Apr 19, 2008
I love this recipe, it is easy to make and company is generally impressed.