Simple Salisbury Steak
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup soup and onion. Crumble the beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties. In a large nonstick skillet, brown the patties on both sides; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, browning sauce if desired, salt and remaining soup; stir in mushrooms. Pour over patties. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 212 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 599mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Dec 28, 2013
Flavorful and easy to make. Will definitely make this again!
Jun 17, 2011
Quick, easy, and tasty. I make it exactly as the recipe says, and my family devours it every time. It's become a regular meal in my household.
Aug 2, 2010
Used 2 bouillon cubes in 1 cup of water to the sauce baked 350 for 40 min. Did not use mushrooms.
Aug 7, 2009
The mushrooms/sauce really makes this dish. It was great, easy to put together and we will definitely make it again.
Apr 19, 2008
I love this recipe, it is easy to make and company is generally impressed.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.