Salisbury Steak for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- Dash pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, bread and onion; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, brown patties on both sides in oil if desired; drain. Combine the soup, water, mushrooms and pepper; pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 306 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 176mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 17, 2019
Excellent for those of us on a budget. I love the simplicity of this recipe and the flavors of this recipe. I add a little garlic and fresh mushrooms and depending on the mood I'm in, I sometimes make my own version of a mushroom gravy. An excellent recipe for anyone looking for a delicious meal for a quiet date night dinner.
Feb 23, 2016
Very quick delicious meal! I served the gravy over mashed potatoes. If you have a larger family it would be very easy to double or triple the recipe.
Jan 30, 2015
my grandmother gave me a taste of home cookbook 15 years ago. This recipe was in it,and ive been making it ever since. sometimes i leave the extra mushrooms out if i dont have them on hand. Ive used different breads, White or wheat works just fine. I love this recipe! When i want something quick and homey, this fits the bill. Thanks taste of home! I love your cookbooks and the stories about real cooks inside.
Jan 2, 2013
its quick easy and for two no leftovers
Nov 1, 2012
Easy week night recipe.
Jan 2, 2012
This is such an easy recipe and tasted good as well.
Oct 31, 2011
Interesting flavor. Great with mashed potatoes and pretty quick.
Sep 12, 2011
Very good. Served with mashed potates and corn on the cob.
Feb 15, 2011
best salisbury steak recipe i've ever made. delicious comfort food. my husband loved it too. i'll make again
Feb 4, 2011
We really liked the patties that this recipe makes. I have another recipe that uses onion and condensed beef broth for the gravy base which I like better than the soup and mushrooms. Instead of the slice of bread I used a little less than 1/4 c. of seasoned bread crumbs. They were very moist and tender.