Salisbury Steak Deluxe
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish. Set aside. In another bowl, lightly beat the egg. Add the bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the soup mixture. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet, brown the patties in oil; drain. Combine remaining soup mixture with water; pour over patties. Cover and cook over low heat until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°, 10-15 minutes. Remove patties to a serving platter; serve sauce with meat. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 319 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 706mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Oct 30, 2019
Deborah, dear, when was this in an Eggland's Best ad? This recipe was in the inaugural issue of Taste of Home in 1993, so 26 years ago. I still have my well-used copy, so don't think this was an "Eggland's Best Original" recipe! Have been making this for that many years and it's one of my husband's favorites.
Aug 26, 2019
Love the recipe, a keeper, and a hit with guests. After making the original recipe, I made a few tweeks per individual taste. Omitted the horseradish, reduced mustard to one teaspoon, added a clove of grated garlic (large) - put part in the meat mixture the rest added to sauce. I omitted the water and used light cream for the sauce (didn't have milk). Using light cream or milk, if preferred, the sauce rich and creamy, while can be thinned with a splash of water if too thick to one's liking. The hint of mustard gives the recipe its flavorful twist. Served the sauce over noodles, a definite hit with those whom have tried it. Thanks for another great recipe.
Aug 15, 2019
Yuck!! The dreaded mushroom soup. Can't anyone cook w/out it?? It's awful on it's own
Aug 15, 2019
Have made this recipe for years. Great flavor! One of my family's favorites! Adding an extra egg and browning with less or no oil seems to help them not to crumble as much.
Aug 14, 2019
Deborah, if you are going to be so critical, then check your spelling before you post.
Aug 14, 2019
Does it matter where the recipe comes from Deborah? If it is a recipe someone enjoys so be it. Not everyone will read it in Egglands Best or other spots if you follow Taste of Homes which I do. I love Taste of homes. Keep posting Taste of homes! I enjoy your website so much!
May 29, 2019
We thought this was tasty. I left out the egg and they done crumble
May 27, 2019
Another recipe covered by an Egglands Best ad. Please stop postinthese adses
Dec 23, 2018
Good recipe. Made it exactly as the recipe said, and yes, the patties crumbled. Good flavor and right amount of sauce for us. Husband really liked this one.
Nov 20, 2018
Didn't care for it. Just season the meat, mix in onions, brown the pattys and add a can each of cr mushroom soup AND a can of cr of celery soup over the top and simmer till done. Better texture and flavor, and SIMPLE.