Salisbury Steak Deluxe
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish. Set aside. In another bowl, lightly beat the egg. Add the bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the soup mixture. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet, brown the patties in oil; drain. Combine remaining soup mixture with water; pour over patties. Cover and cook over low heat until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°, 10-15 minutes. Remove patties to a serving platter; serve sauce with meat. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 319 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 706mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 23, 2018
Good recipe. Made it exactly as the recipe said, and yes, the patties crumbled. Good flavor and right amount of sauce for us. Husband really liked this one.
Nov 20, 2018
Didn't care for it. Just season the meat, mix in onions, brown the pattys and add a can each of cr mushroom soup AND a can of cr of celery soup over the top and simmer till done. Better texture and flavor, and SIMPLE.
Oct 31, 2018
Since I'm allergic to mushrooms, what would be a good substitute for the soup?
Sep 27, 2018
I thought the horseradish taste was too much. I probably will not make again.
Jun 10, 2018
very good Salisbury steak recipe. I make the patties and bake them on a cookie sheet instead of frying. Easier and the patties will not fall apart . I have used this recipe for parties and it is always a hit. Best when served with mash potatoes. I really believe the horse radish gives it that just right unique taste.
May 29, 2018
Very good recipe. It is not your average frozen dinner Salisbury steak. Will make again!
Apr 18, 2018
My family loved it. Thank you!
Aug 21, 2017
This was a hit with my family. I left out the horseradish but otherwise followed the recipe. The gravy is delicious so mashed potatoes or buttered noodles are an excellent side to this dinner!!
Jul 20, 2015
This recipe hit the "homestyle" meal spot! We used ground bison instead and it was a little crumbly (probably due to the leaner meat). The gravy was delicious. We also served with some fresh mashed potatoes and sauteed vegetables. The perfect country-style meal!
Feb 16, 2015
My Family loves this recipe. It does crumble a lot, but I have been trying to fix that. I've made it exactly as is and think the horseradish adds additional flavor.