Pressure Cooker Swiss Steak
Swiss steak has a been a standby for family cooks for decades, and this no-fuss way to cook it promises to keep the entree popular for years to come. Best of all, it's low in calories and fat. —Sarah Burks, Wathena, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef round steak, cut into 6 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place onion in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Top with celery, tomato sauce and steak. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 20 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. A thermometer inserted in steak should read at least 145°.