Tender Swiss Steak
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 2 pounds beef top round steak (1 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- Cut meat into serving-size pieces. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on both sides. Top with onions and celery. Combine the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and oregano; spoon over vegetables. Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles if desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 5, 2014
Easy, Delicious.....I did drop in some mushrooms and cherry tomatoes near the end.
Feb 19, 2012
Made this for an elderly friend asking for Swiss steak, he calls me the queen of swiss steak! This is an easy and very tasty recipe, made it for my family and got thumbs up.
Jan 7, 2010
Very easy to make and delicious. A side dish is not needed.