Cheddar Rice Casserole
With its blend of garlic, parsley and cheese, this rice casserole makes a savory side dish. It's one of my favorite ways to serve rice. —Nancy Baylor, Holiday Island, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 290 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 588mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Cheddar Rice Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 1999