Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Sour cream, optional
- Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Spread cream cheese over unbuttered side on half the tortillas. Sprinkle with cheeses, onion, cilantro and olives. Top with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.
- Cook on a griddle over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 560 calories, 30g fat (16g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 928mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Nov 20, 2015
You can also just put the butter on the griddle and lay the tortilla on top. You can then just butter the 2nd tortilla before flipping. No mess that way.
May 7, 2015
Good. Nothing special really. Just your standard fresh-tasing quesadilla. I thought buttering the tortillas was kind of annoying,
Jun 11, 2014
Very good! Hard to flip so they cheese stays inside. I would try ham or chicken or roast beef another time or even bacon.
May 6, 2013
Liked this recipe very much just the way it is shown here---especially how the outside of the tortillas got so crispy!
Mar 24, 2013
I would not make these again for a cold lunch but they are very good when they are warm.
Jun 27, 2012
Very tasty. I think next time, like the others I will add some chicken and even some bacon. The cream cheese was a great additions. Butter the outsides seem complicated to me though so I too will go with Pam.
Jan 28, 2012
Found them a bit bland, although much better with salsa. Next time I will definitely not butter them but spray the pan with butter-flavoured Pam. Has potential.
Nov 24, 2011
Very good! Next time I'm gonna try it with chicken or beef.
Sep 26, 2011
Made these for a church potluck last night. Almost every single person there asked me for the recipe. Delicious!
Sep 20, 2011
These were awesome! I used spray-on butter and fat-free cream cheese (just because I had them on hand) - the quesadillas were easy to make and to flip. Very delicious. Can't wait to finish off the left-overs tonight!