Three-Cheese Sausage Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- 6 slices provolone cheese, cut in half
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer with a fourth of the white sauce, three noodles, half of the sausage and four pieces each of mozzarella and provolone cheeses. Repeat layers once. Spoon half of the remaining sauce over the top. Layer with remaining noodles, sauce, mozzarella and provolone cheeses; sprinkle with Romano cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 350 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Apr 13, 2015
This is a huge hit in our house. It's really delicious, and not that difficult to make now that I've made it a few times. I cook the sausage ahead of time, and shred mozz cheese rather than buy slices. Also, I use the no-cook lasagna noodles to save that step. Always super tasty.
Aug 21, 2012
Jan 19, 2012
Words can not desribe how awesome this tasted. As my 12 yr old was eating it she kept saying "wow mom, you gotta make this again". Big big hit in our house
Apr 13, 2011
My family enjoyed it and it was pretty simple to make. My husband took the leftovers to work!
Dec 6, 2010
VERY good! I did not know what to expect, but the mixture of the white sauce and different cheeses really make it different and delicious. Not to mention that it is really easy to make!
Feb 10, 2008
I made this for dinner tonight and really liked it. The lasagna was simple to prepare and turned on well. My friend enjoyed it very much. She insisted on getting the recipe and taking home some leftovers.I'm glad that I tried this recipe. I will make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.