Simple Sausage Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce and water. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine next eight ingredients.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles and a third of the cheese mixture, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, covered, 45 minutes. Uncover; bake until a thermometer reads 160°, about 10 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 453 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 1245mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 30, 2017
I make this a lot, but I substitute all the spices and use the hearty Italian ragu. turns out great
Sep 17, 2016
We loved this recipe! In the past when I made lasagna it tended to be somewhat watery. This was perfect and tasted great! I used bulk sweet Italian sausage but no other changes.
Aug 25, 2015
Nov 20, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
We love this recipe! So quick and easy. I also substitute bulk mild Italian sausage and swap out a cup of ricotta for a cup of cottage cheese. I also add some mushrooms because we love them.
Feb 10, 2014
I used fresh basil and 2 cups cottage cheese and 1 cup ricotta. I think this was the best lasagna I've ever made!
Jan 20, 2013
Delicious. Used mild Italian turkey sausage, 2 cups of cottage cheese and 1 cup of ricotta. Easy, and really wonderful flavor.
Jul 18, 2012
Great recipe, and it's so much less hassle and mess not having to pre-boil the noodles. I've been using this method for years, and it works EVERY time. Anybody who says otherwise must not be following the baking instructions....or something.
Jan 23, 2012
Very good and easy to make. I add chopped onions and peppers when cooking the sausage in the first step.
Nov 13, 2011
This is our favorite lasagna recipe and so easy to make. Only 20 minutes and it's in the oven. We absolutely love it. Sent it to my family and they love it as well. Thanks so much for sharing it!