Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza Lasagna
We love pepperoni pizza at our house so much that I wanted to try adding some to my favorite Italian sausage lasagna. It turned out great and the spicy zip adds just a little something extra. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (7 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook noodles according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic and seasonings.
- Spread 1 cup meat mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 1 cup meat mixture, half of the ricotta mixture, half of the pepperoni and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat mixture.
- Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Originally published as Sausage Pizza Lasagna in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.