Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Asiago cheese
- 8 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices provolone cheese, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. In a large bowl, combine eggs, ricotta, cottage, Parmesan and Romano cheeses.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce mixture in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with 4 noodles. Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce to edges of noodles. Sprinkle with 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Top with ricotta mixture, provolone cheese and remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake 50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option:Cool unbaked casseroles; cover and freeze up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350deg;. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 469 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 1005mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
May 11, 2014
EVERY TIME I MAKE THIS IS GET RAVE REVIEWS!
Jan 17, 2014
OMG, this is the best I ever had. Omitted the sausage and went with 2lbs. ground beef. I also love asiago and used 1/2 cup of it.
Oct 3, 2013
Easy and delicious!
Jul 11, 2011
SOOOO good, my family just loved it. Will definitely be making this again. I did use 2% cottage cheese and part-skim ricotta.
Jul 24, 2010
I have made this recipe many times - most recently for a group of 25 high school soccer players. There was not one bite left! It is absolutely the best lasagne ever! I would put it up against any lasagne served in any Italian restaurant.
Jun 27, 2009
This was really good. Very simple and my whole family liked it, even those who are especially hard to please. A keeper!
Feb 21, 2009
Tasted great but needs more sauce. I will use a jar and a half or possibly two jars next time.