Best Lasagna Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2-3/4 quarts)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, corn, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 280 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 572mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 14, 2019
Lasagna soup was delicious... made in 30min with about 10min prep time held the corn. Really good and hearty!!
Jan 20, 2019
We're having a snow event...this was a perfect meal. . Boiled the broken up lasagna noodles separately, and added Italian herbs I dried from my garden. Put a dollop of ricotta in the warmed bowl, added the soup, sprinkled with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and served with ciabatta bread. It will definitely be on the menu again-plenty of winter left here
Jan 4, 2019
Totally love this recipe! The corn isn’t a traditional lasagna ingredient but who cares. This gets a bit thick the next day but it tastes great. This one is going in my regular rotation.
Nov 10, 2018
This recipe is outstanding! I have made this 3 times and it just gets better every time. I do not deviate from the recipe accept occasionally leaving out the tomato paste if I don't have any on hand and adding 1/2 cup water to make it more soupy. 5 STARS!!!!
Oct 11, 2018
Just made this and we LOVED it! I left the corn out because I too, thought "who puts corn in lasagna". I added an orange bell pepper for color and left out the tomato paste so we'd have a more "brothy" end product. My favorite pasta for soup is what they call here, salad pasta. Short tubes. I will definitely make this again!
Oct 1, 2018
Family hated it. No one liked the corn in lasagna. And even with replacing mushrooms for the green peppers, the corn spoiled it. I may try it again with more cheese, but I doubt my kids will try it again for fear of the yucky corn.
Jun 14, 2018
This was very tasty, but more like a stew than a soup. I will make this again using smaller pasta to see If I can get a more soupy meal.
Apr 25, 2018
I won't make this, because no Lasagna I've ever had has corn in it. Maybe if you gave it a different name. Sorry.
Apr 12, 2018
Not too bad but it lacks some spices. Very bland and in desperate need of more flavor. I will make it again but do some experimenting.
Mar 11, 2018
Very very good and easy to make! I made a few substitutions - I added a few more veggies -(bell peppers, mushrooms and used Italian sausage instead of beef - chicken stock instead of beef stock). when serving I mixed a little mozzarella and ricotta in the bottom of the bowl and ladled soup on top.