Best Lasagna Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2-3/4 quarts)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, corn, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 280 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 572mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Jun 14, 2018
This was very tasty, but more like a stew than a soup. I will make this again using smaller pasta to see If I can get a more soupy meal.
Apr 25, 2018
I won't make this, because no Lasagna I've ever had has corn in it. Maybe if you gave it a different name. Sorry.
Apr 12, 2018
Not too bad but it lacks some spices. Very bland and in desperate need of more flavor. I will make it again but do some experimenting.
Mar 11, 2018
Very very good and easy to make! I made a few substitutions - I added a few more veggies -(bell peppers, mushrooms and used Italian sausage instead of beef - chicken stock instead of beef stock). when serving I mixed a little mozzarella and ricotta in the bottom of the bowl and ladled soup on top.
Jan 31, 2018
I thought this soup was delicious. I made it exactly according to the recipe. The only thing I would change is that I would use less pasta because liquids were absorbed by the pasta in what was leftover and I really enjoyed the flavor of the broth. I thought it was flavorful and best of all, it was quick so I can make it on a weekday.
Apr 2, 2017
Really enjoyed this soup. Cooked the pasta before adding it as per other reviewers suggestions, and pureed the canned tomatoes purely to please my toddler :) Lots of flavour!
Feb 22, 2017
Although this tasted slightly more like chili to me than lasagna, I still enjoyed this recipe. I omitted the corn and added extra cheese. Very flavorful and a big hit with the family.
Jan 8, 2017
I just made this soup. I did 1/2 the recipe as there is only me, I have not added the parmesan cheese as of yet but it seems to be lacking something. Would definitely make again.
Oct 25, 2016
I agree with others that I don't know why this is called Lasagna Soup. Still, it was hearty and tasty, so I'm glad I tried it and will probably make it again.
Oct 13, 2016
Easy to make, very hearty, good taste. I added more Italian seasoning than called for, plus basil and Mrs. Dash. Like others mentioned, I also used smaller noodles, cooked them separately, and added them at the end. However, unless you're going to eat the soup immediately, the noodles will still plump up too much and absorb a lot of the soup's liquid.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.