Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley and garlic; remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer three noodles, half of the cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and half of the meat sauce. Repeat layers.
- Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Or, cover and bake 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- To use frozen lasagna: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Bake as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 238 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 552mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Oct 19, 2017
We all loved it!
Jan 30, 2015
Excellent! Loved that it used only 6 noodles for two layers (fewer carbs!). I added some chopped sauteed onion to the meat mixture and a heaping Tbsp of garlic. Also saved about 1/3 C of mozzarella to put on the very top before baking. Other than that, stuck with this good basic recipe. Keeper!
Dec 6, 2013
I did add some herbs for added flavor. It was a little dry, but that may be because I doubled the recipe. If I make this recipe again, though, I may add a bit of tomato sauce to the meat mixture.
Jan 21, 2011
Wonderful! I'm just starting out cooking for my boyfriend every night and always looking for something easy and tasty. My boyfriend and roommate (also a boy) loved it! It was so good! I would bring it anywhere.
Oct 21, 2010
Super easy and AWESOME!! I usually put more cheese in it :)
Oct 12, 2010
I made this for a friend who's boyfriend just broke up with her. Who two favorite things are cheese and meat. Needless to say, he ex was the last thing on her mind after taking a bite of this!
Mar 13, 2010
yummy and freezes well
Jun 16, 2009
Delicious! My family loves it!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.