Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 5 hours + standing
Makes8 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 6 lasagna noodles, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup cubed or shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, optional
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Add onion and carrots to same skillet; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until softened. Stir in mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until mushrooms are softened. Transfer to slow cooker. Stir in broth, tomatoes and tomato sauce. Cook, covered, on low 4-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Skim fat from soup. Add lasagna; cook 1 hour longer or until tender. Stir in spinach. Remove insert; let stand 10 minutes. Divide mozzarella cheese among serving bowls; ladle soup over cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and, if desired, basil.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 420 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1731mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Jun 12, 2018
Used spaghetti sauce instead of tomato sauce. Used beef broth instead of chicken.
Oct 2, 2017
My husband and I loved this recipe. I used half sage sausage and half a spicy sausage. I will definitely be making this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.