Cheddar Shrimp Nachos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 48 tortilla chip scoops
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, cheese, chilies, onions and olives. Combine the mayonnaise and cumin; add to shrimp mixture and toss to coat.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into tortilla scoops. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 49 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 20, 2014
Has anyone used this with out cooking it so that it could be brought to a picnic or party with out a stove?
Jan 2, 2014
Delicious appetizers, but you need to eat them quickly as they get soggy pretty fast.
Oct 2, 2013
Delicious. I substituted 1/2 cup sour cream + 1/4 cup cream cheese for the mayo and sprinkled paprika on them when they came out of oven.
Jan 29, 2013
These nachos are always a hit! I love that they are individual bites. Well worth the little bit of extra time.
Jul 17, 2012
I have been making these for sometime now. They are my favorite of all appetizers. I also use Tostitos. Thank you for this wonderful recipe! It is now Aug.2016, 4 yrs after my first review. I have to tell you all this is still my all time favorite recipe. It's quick, it's good and people love it. It feeds a lot of guests. Make it, you won't regret it.
Dec 28, 2010
I make them with the Tostito scoops, never thought of trying Frito scoops. Regardless, they are a major hit everytime!!!!!! Great appetizer!!!
Aug 17, 2010
This is one tasty and easy little appie. The only thing I changed was the cheese - half tex-mex and half jalapeno monterey jack. Can't quit eating this little gems!
Apr 30, 2010
I'm so excited to try this! Finally, something really different and fun to make with cooked shrimp. Yum!
Apr 1, 2010
I have made this for several parties and my all my friends LOVE it! Several have even requested I bring it the next time too. The picture suggests they used Frito Scoops but I have always used the Tostito Scoops. I will note that these do not reheat well, however we rarely have leftovers!
Feb 8, 2010
made this for Super Bowl Sunday, as an appetizer we added some black pepper and a kiss of Hungarian Paprika, wow this was gourmet all the way. cant wait till we have another occasion to make them again. 2 spoons up.