Cheddar Beef Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes2 casseroles (3 servings each)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in rice. Cook and stir until liquid is evaporated.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons refried beans, 1/4 cup beef mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in 2 greased 13x9-in. baking dishes.
- Combine salsa and soup; pour down the center of enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 1 casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Cover and freeze remaining casserole for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 enchiladas: 840 calories, 33g fat (14g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 2242mg sodium, 95g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 37g protein.
Oct 26, 2019
I love myself some enchiladas! These were super good, however i am not a fan of the refried beans so i swapped that out for some black beans instead I just added them when i added the rice to the beef mixture. I love having this recipe as an alternative to my chicken enchiladas.
Jun 22, 2018
Jan 15, 2017
My family did not like this.
Sep 16, 2016
My family loves this recipe. I tried it for the first time about a week ago, and my daughter requested it again tonight. Easy to put together, almost always have the ingredients on hand, and yummy!
May 19, 2016
Easy and delicious! Doesn't get much better than that.
Jan 23, 2016
Family loved these!
Jan 17, 2016
I used picante sauce instead of salsa because that is what I had at home. Very good recipe!
Aug 20, 2015
Our family loves this one! We have tried a few different jarred salsas, but the one we have liked the best for this recipe has been the On The Border Medium Salsa.
Aug 11, 2015
My boyfriend loved it!
Mar 7, 2015
This was definitely a hit, the only thing I changed was to add some canned green Chile's for more spice and less "taco" flavor to the meat mixture. I didn't measure, go according to your taste, they were awesome.