Beef ‘n’ Rice Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce, divided
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-2/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in Spanish rice and 1-1/4 cups enchilada sauce.
- Spoon about 2/3 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top each with 1 tablespoon cheese; roll up.
- Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° until the cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 enchilada: 415 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1141mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Apr 15, 2019
My family loved these! I added chili powder to the rice-beef mixture to add a little more spice. It was an easy weeknight meal!
May 30, 2018
This is delicious! I used rice a roni mexican & added a can of black beans as others suggested. It makes a very large batch so I made enough for us & froze the filling for another time & it worked out great! I will be making this regularly.
May 3, 2018
This recipe was delicious and leftovers were good too.
Jan 3, 2018
Very good. Simple to prepare.
Aug 8, 2017
Great recipe I love it
Apr 26, 2017
Haven't tried this recipe yet, but it sounds easy and tasty. One suggestion-- I make my own enchilada sauce with pantry ingredients. It takes less than 10 minutes to make and can't be beat for flavor OR price.
Jan 21, 2017
This was such a good recipe. We put some guacamole on top as well, and everyone loved it. We will definitely make this again.
Nov 30, 2016
I made this for my family tonight and it was delicious!! I love Taste of Home. We cook from the books about 4 times a week!
Sep 4, 2016
This is amazing! I used Old El Paso medium ench. sauce, and the spiciness was just right. The only problem I had was stretching the filling to fit 10 tortillas, so I made 8 fuller ones, which is perfect for our fam of 4!!
Jul 27, 2016
These are quick, easy and very flavorful. Usually I make a recipe "as is" before I spice things up a bit, but not with this one, it's so easy to tweak. I doubled everything except the sauce & cheese & used 10" tortillas. I added 2 envelopes of taco seasoning to the meat- 1 regular & 1 spicy. I used 2 cans of enchilada sauce mixed together- 1 spicy red & 1 mild green. I used 2 packages of rice mix- 1 Spanish & 1 Mexican & added a cup of enchilada sauce to the rice with a bit of water when making. Took longer to heat thru because of my changes, but was hot & bubbly in about 25 minutes. I would definately make these again, the 10" tortillas made a nice big serving & fit in my glass pan perfectly. Leftovers are excellent too, just enough zip for heat lovers.