Mexican Street Corn Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 cups frozen corn (about 30 ounces), thawed and drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons chopped green onions, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Lime wedges, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix the first 5 ingredients and 4 tablespoons green onions; transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; bake until bubbly and lightly browned, 15-20 minutes longer. Sprinkle with remaining green onions. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 391 calories, 30g fat (5g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 423mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 8, 2019
So glad I tried this new summer side dish. It was very tasty. I used canned corn as our fresh was not in season yet. I made just 1/2 of the recipe as a tester. I really enjoyed the Green Chile Pop of flavor and also the parm cheese. For half of this recipe I used just 1/3 cup of mayo and I sprinkled the top of the casserole with some panko bread crumbs mixed with the parm cheese. VFE for Taste of Home.
Jun 18, 2019
I've made this recipe twice. First time as written. It was as partaken says, just okay. 2nd time we skipped the green onion and the chipotle powder. We started with corn, mayo, salt, pepper. Put that in the greased dish. Added a healthy drizzle of hot pepper sauce such as Valentina®). Added about 6 pats of margerine to the top. Must be margerine, not butter. My part of Mexico is Cojita cheese but I enjoyed the Parm flavor so we did a blend. Definitely more authentic now. I live 25 miles from Reynosa, MX. Almost tastes like the street. Roasting corn in the husk would make it 100%.
Jun 2, 2019
It's not bad for a fancied-up corn side dish, but it's nothing like street corn. Street corn isn't made with parmesan cheese or that much mayo. It would have Cotija cheese, or feta cheese if you can't find Cojita in your area. And it would definitely have cilantro!
Apr 14, 2017
Used cayenne pepper, substituted canned corn, and cooked on the stove top using medium heat. Delish!
Mar 25, 2017
My guests loved it! I had a non-onion guest and substituted drained pimentos.