Creamy Beef Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add soup, sour cream, chilies, 1 cup cheese and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce; heat through.
- Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce into each of two ungreased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Place 1/2 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dishes.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 436 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1012mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Mar 29, 2020
My husband loves this recipe. I didn’t change anything and it turned out great. Definitely a keeper!
Feb 8, 2019
My kids gave me two thumbs up on this recipe. They can be picky and they ate all of this! I would have preferred a bit more spice. However it is perfect as is if you don't like too much spice.
Jan 29, 2018
After reading all the reviews, I expected something really good. I followed advice from a few of the reviewers and added more sauce to the pan before adding the enchiladas. Maybe I added too much. I am not sure what happened, but these were almost soupy. I don't think I will make this again.
Nov 14, 2017
I made as written except I only used 1 lb beef, half the sour cream,half the onions,and added a few chopped black olives. I used the little street flour tortillas and overfilled them so it wouldn't be quite so "doughy" or mushy. They were fantastic! Served with Mexican rice-n- re-fried beans, guacamole salad, tortilla chips-n-salsa and Margaritas. This is a keeper!
May 21, 2016
May 18, 2016
This dish was very good! I halved the recipe and used corn tortillas instead, which gave the enchiladas alot of flavor and used more enchilada sauce on the bottom and over the top. We garnished them with shredded lettuce, sour cream and diced jalapeno. Simple to make, too! Will definitely make again!
Aug 23, 2015
Read reviews and added more spices. Delicious!
Jun 2, 2015
Flavors are good, but the dish was somewhat one-note and a big mush. Needed some spiciness.
Oct 24, 2014
I need to use more enchilada sauce on the bottom because they stuck a little bit.
Apr 6, 2014