Creamy Corned Beef Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 can (12 ounces) corned beef, crumbled or 1-1/2 cups diced cooked corned beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 package (7 ounces) small shell pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 bread slices, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread cubes with butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Cover and bake 15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 536 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 1203mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Jan 22, 2019
Were the directions regarding the baking covered, uncovered reversed? Seems like you would cover it while baking and then uncover to brown it. Otherwise, pretty good though a little dry (which might be remedied if directions were changed.
Jun 11, 2015
I had high hopes for this. But it was just ok. Not sure why. Everyone said, just ok, don't make it again tho. =(
Oct 30, 2013
I love canned corned beef so this was excellent next time I will use two cans though
Apr 2, 2013
This was very good. I used the cooked corned beef but next time I will use 2 cups of corned beef. I also added some garlic powder. I also did not have any bread so used croutons. It turned out great.
Mar 17, 2013
I made this using corned beef hash by accident. But the results were still good. I wanted something with corned beef for St. Patty's day that didn't involve cabbage. Not bad, reminded me of mac and cheese with a corned beef flavor. But it's still just another casserole with cream of chicken soup, cheese, pasta and some other base (in this case, the corned beef), so I wasn't super wowed. The hubby loved it though, so that's always a win.