Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Honey-Maple Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces (about 7 cups)
- 5 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; toss with 2 tablespoons oil. Roast 35-40 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, honey, maple syrup, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper and remaining oil until blended. Add spinach, apple, cranberries and pecans to sweet potatoes. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Top with cheese. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 340 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Oct 15, 2017
This salad is Excellent! The flavor is awesome!
Jan 23, 2017
Very tasty saiad!! We served salmon along with this salad. Perfect combination for dinner tonight.
Dec 16, 2014
This is probably one of the best salads ever!!! I added green onion and applewood smoked bacon.....YUM!!!!!!
Nov 27, 2014
Made for Thanksgiving dinner today. Rave reviews!!! Everyone loved it, definitely a keeper!