Healthy Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 5 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool for 30 minutes.
- Slice eggs in half (discard yolks or save for another use). Cut the whites into 1/2-in. pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the potatoes, egg whites, onion, celery, green onions, red pepper and parsley; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 110 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Jan 26, 2014
Reduced mayo by 2/3 and used Greek yogurt (plain) instead. Came out great. Makes a large amount of salad., so would be good for a bigger group. Added yellow mustard to the leftover portion for variety and that was geat also. Husband is a big potato salad fan and was happy with this coming into our low-fat recipe box.
Jun 9, 2013
Great potato salad and very heart healthy too. There are some excellent non fat/non cholesterol mayos today with no loss in taste
Jun 11, 2009
I love this potato salad! The only thing that I did different was use light Miracle Whip instead of fat free Mayo. I took it to work and everyone wanted the recipe! Great blend of flavors. Will definitely make this again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.