Roasted Vegetable Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (2/3 cup each)
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, halved
- 1/2 pound baby portobello mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cubed French bread
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drizzle with 1/4 cup oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place in two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer.
- Cut corn from cobs; place in a large bowl. Stir in the bread, tomatoes, cheese, basil, asparagus and roasted vegetable mixture. For dressing, combine oil and vinegar; drizzle over mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 210 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 15, 2012
Did you serve this salad cold? Did you chill it for awhile? Or did it you just serve it right out of the oven?
Aug 15, 2012
Is this dish served hot? Or cold? Or room temperature?
Jun 9, 2012
My family loved this. Although next time I would have each person add the bread as they dish the salad out so it doesn't get too soggy.
Jun 1, 2012
This a wonderful tasting dish. I have made it a couple of times and it is now a staple in our house as well. Love it!!!
May 27, 2012
We have been making this for two years now and it is a staple. If we don't have all the ingredients on hand, we substitute with just about any other veggies. Very flexible and awesome recipe!
Apr 26, 2011
I made this dish for Easter and everyone loved it!
Oct 19, 2010
This is wonderful and it looks so pretty too!
May 17, 2010
This dish was sooo yummy! Just the thing for our family dinners- satisfying side dish as well as a vegetarian main dish for the vegetarian in the family.