Red and Sweet Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes12 servings (2/3 cup each)
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 7 medium), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- Place red potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain; place in a large bowl. Repeat with sweet potatoes; add to red potatoes.
- Whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper; toss with potatoes. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and milk; stir in celery, onion and parsley. Stir gently into potato mixture. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve cold.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 136 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jun 4, 2015
Delicious! I would suggest cooking the sweet potato for a little less time- mine turned out mushy... flavor was great!
Jul 22, 2014
It's pretty, tasty and healthy. What more could you ask for?
Aug 25, 2012
A different style of potato salad that is really tasty. I love the tang of the vinegar in the sauce. Nice change of pace from the traditional. I didn't have red onion, so I didn't use any, but it still was great.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.