Creamy Beef & Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered, on high until tender, 8-10 minutes, stirring twice.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles, 6-8 minutes; drain. Stir in salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk soup and milk until blended; add to beef. Stir in potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, until cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 664 calories, 38g fat (19g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 1851mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 37g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 21, 2019
This was ok. VERY bland. Added pepper to it at the table,too. Added peas and carrots while cooking. Doubt that I'd make it again.
May 26, 2018
This was very good...I followed the directions, but then assembled in the slow cooker to keep warm. I also added mushrooms! YUM!
Jul 24, 2017
Um ... no. I think that microwaving the potatoes kinda made its texture a little weird. I like the crunchiness of potatoes like this and microwaving them kinda took that away. it was a huge disappointment.
Jun 15, 2017
My husband and I loved this recipe. It was fairly easy and very tasty. I am going to be making this again.
Jun 10, 2017
quick and easy, plus I added a can of mixed veggies. I will probably add some extra spices next time, but overall, I liked this recipe.
Jun 9, 2017
Quick and is easy to add your own twists to-veggies, spices, etc. Good recipe. And the dish pictured IS consistent with the recipe ingredients-frozen O'Brien potatoes contain red and green bell peppers and onions:)
Sep 24, 2013
Pretty good and super quick and easy. I will probably add more veggies like corn or peas next time but definitely not bad for something to make in a pinch when you really don't feel like cooking.
Jul 25, 2013
Good recipe...easy, quick and very tasty.
Jul 22, 2013
This dish was very good. My family gobbled it up and there were no leftovers. I didn't have any frozen potatoes, so I just used fresh ones.
Jul 10, 2013
This was pretty good but a bit heavy for summer. It reminded me of Hamburger Helper only with spuds. It was too salty and thick for me, so next time I will use more water. I think I'd also add more veggies like peas or whatever's in the freezer. Overall a good basic recipe that any cook can tweak to their taste.