Three-Bean Taco Chili
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salsa, taco seasoning and olives.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Garnish with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 446 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1360mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 9g fiber), 31g protein.
Sep 16, 2019
Really great and tasty. I only used 1 lb of ground turkey, and added a large can of olives which I sliced. Used a can of diced instead of stewed tomatoes. Mild salsa- yummy and quick.
May 15, 2018
I would like to know what the nutritional information is if I use ground turk?y or chicken.
Nov 8, 2017
Wow... this was really good. I was worried because it did not have a lot of the ingredients (spices, onions, etc), I would normally add. I doubled the recipe and made the following changes:-Used half the meat (1 pound hamburger and 1 pound ground pork) only because it I forget to buy 4 pounds but was very happy with it-Used half the water as suggested by others ... perfect consistency-Used Fire Roasted diced tomatoes instead of stewedThis was easy, quick and very tasty!Thank You for Sharing.
May 2, 2016
This was great! I'm happy with how much it made too! I sprinkled broken chips on top to give each spoonful a little crunch. Yum!
Dec 28, 2014
Yes! This chili tastes like it has simmered all day! Perfect. Made twice. Followed directions except added only 1 cup of water. We like thick chili. Great as a chili or over top of chips and cheese. Nice, hearty chili with full flavor.
Nov 9, 2014
Super quick and easy to make. I did change it a little. I only used 1 lb of ground beef and one cup of water. I also used Italian diced tomatoes (diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano) instead of regular diced tomatoes. Turned out perfectly. Really good with corn chips or corn muffins.
Feb 3, 2014
This is my favorite chili recipe
Sep 14, 2013
I've made this many times! Love that it makes so much.
Aug 4, 2013
This is now our favorite recipe for chili. Nice combo of tacos and chili and easy to make. I added onions and garlic also. YUM
Mar 14, 2013
Made this last night for supper and really appreciated how fast this came together. My only addition was some chopped onion. I used medium salsa and hot taco seasoning and it had a nice spice to it.