When it's cold and frosty outside this meatless chili is sure to warm you up. It's packed with fiber, protein and flavor. Serve it with sliced avocado. Or add shredded cheese, corn tortilla chips or a side of your favorite cornbread. —Liz Bellville, Jacksonville, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
Makes14 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts)
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each ) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped fire-roasted green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle pepper
- Chopped avocado, optional
- In a 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker, combine first 16 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until vegetables are tender, 6-8 hours. If desired, serve with avocado.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 196 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 658mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 10g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as 6 Bean Veggie Chili in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.