Spiced Cherry Chutney
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until vegetables are tender and mixture achieves desired thickness, stirring occasionally. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 73 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 1, 2019
I made this chutney on 6/26/2019! It's a 5* winner! I used MINCED ginger from a jar and I used Buffalo wing sauce! I DID cover my saucepan and simmered on reduced heat for the 45 to 50 minutes!
Jun 1, 2019
Good flavor and goes great over goat cheese.