Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, red pepper, parsley and onion. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Toss before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 57 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jul 8, 2018
My husband and I both enjoyed this slaw!! It went well with our Brats and BBQ and baked beans. I did add a bit of celery seed. Thanks.
Jan 6, 2016
Just made this recipe to go with barbecue chicken sandwiches and it tastes great, very tangy! I added one grated carrot for color and a little extra flavor. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Jun 8, 2013
This slaw is Great with BBQ, Chicken, or on a hamburger or hotdog it is really that good. I love the vinaigrette flavor, I added some celery seed to it. My mouth waters just thinking about it...... Thank You for sharing this recipe Mrs. Glaab
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.