Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, red pepper, parsley and onion. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Toss before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 57 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 8, 2018
My husband and I both enjoyed this slaw!! It went well with our Brats and BBQ and baked beans. I did add a bit of celery seed. Thanks.
Jan 6, 2016
Just made this recipe to go with barbecue chicken sandwiches and it tastes great, very tangy! I added one grated carrot for color and a little extra flavor. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Jun 8, 2013
This slaw is Great with BBQ, Chicken, or on a hamburger or hotdog it is really that good. I love the vinaigrette flavor, I added some celery seed to it. My mouth waters just thinking about it...... Thank You for sharing this recipe Mrs. Glaab