Marinated Shrimp and Olives
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Combine shrimp and olives; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. In a small bowl, combine curry, ginger, salt and pepper; whisk into hot oil. Cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and parsley. Immediately drizzle over shrimp mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate, covered, up to 6 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 71 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Dec 30, 2011
Who'd have thought??? We are neither fans of curry nor ginger but this was a huge hit at our Christmas Eve Day buffet. And the next day it was even better so next time I will make it well ahead of serving.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.