Marinated Shrimp and Olives
This is my favorite appetizer to serve party guests. The flavors in this colorful dish blend beautifully, and the shrimp are tender and tasty.—Carol Gawronski, Lake Wales, Florida
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Combine shrimp and olives; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. In a small bowl, combine curry, ginger, salt and pepper; whisk into hot oil. Cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and parsley. Immediately drizzle over shrimp mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate, covered, up to 6 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 71 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Cocktail Shrimp and Olives in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2008
Dec 30, 2011
Who'd have thought??? We are neither fans of curry nor ginger but this was a huge hit at our Christmas Eve Day buffet. And the next day it was even better so next time I will make it well ahead of serving.