Lemon-Pepper Tilapia with Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a 12-in. skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds longer.
- Place fillets over mushrooms; sprinkle with paprika, cayenne and remaining lemon pepper. Cook, covered, 5-7 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Top with tomato and green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 216 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 3, 2017
Very easy and delicious! One thing that I added because I didn't have one of the spices was Old Bay seasoning. Taste awesome!!!
Jan 2, 2017
Easy & light, perfect way to add fish as a weeknight menu!
Nov 26, 2016
This was delicious!! One of our better tilapia recipes. I used fresh fish as well which might have made a difference.
Jun 15, 2016
This is a lovely, colorful and healthy dish that makes nice use of fresh veggies. The only thing it really needs is salt to boost the flavor.