Lemon-Pepper Tilapia with Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a 12-in. skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds longer.
- Place fillets over mushrooms; sprinkle with paprika, cayenne and remaining lemon pepper. Cook, covered, 5-7 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Top with tomato and green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 216 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Oct 3, 2017
Very easy and delicious! One thing that I added because I didn't have one of the spices was Old Bay seasoning. Taste awesome!!!
Jan 2, 2017
Easy & light, perfect way to add fish as a weeknight menu!
Nov 26, 2016
This was delicious!! One of our better tilapia recipes. I used fresh fish as well which might have made a difference.
Jun 15, 2016
This is a lovely, colorful and healthy dish that makes nice use of fresh veggies. The only thing it really needs is salt to boost the flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.