Marinated Almond-Stuffed Olives
Marinated stuffed olives go over so well with company that I try to keep a batch of them in the fridge at all times. —Larissa Delk, Columbia, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating
- 1 cup blanched almonds, toasted
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 3 jars (7 ounces each) pimiento-stuffed olives, undrained
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Insert an almond into each ripe olive; place in a large bowl. Add pimiento-stuffed olives with olive juice. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, wine, oil, garlic, sugar and seasonings. Pour mixture over olives. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 78 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Marinated olives in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.